REDUCING THE RISK OF SERIOUS HARM
Our work is to reduce the risk of serious harm posed by violent and sexual offending. To protect the public, we make sure that effective risk assessment and risk management practices are in place.
We advocate for a shared approach to risk that is evidence-based, defensible and proportionate. Effective risk assessment and management can reduce the risk of serious harm to the public, and give individuals the best chance of returning to the community and leading crimefree lives.
Our work includes:
- Providing advice and recommendations to Scottish Ministers
- The development of research to promote effective practice
- Setting standards and publishing guidelines for risk assessment and management
- Statutory responsibilities in relation to the Order for Lifelong Restriction (OLR) sentence
- Responding to needs to provide advice and training to the justice sector
The RMA is proud to be a Real Living Wage Employer.